Monday, October 18, 2010

Yes, I Stepped in Dog Poo

This morning, Melanie and I had a great walk again through downtown San Rafael. The instructors backed way off and just told me the number of blocks, of course crossing streets along the way. We also walked into City Hall, took the elevator 3 flights up and took the stairs down. The instructors did help with that part since it was new. However, Melanie did everything almost perfectly. It was a cooler day and after our day off yesterday, she was raring to go.

This afternoon the instructors took us to the fenced outdoor dog play area, where you can take off the leash and harness and just let the dog run around and play. It was also a time for Melanie to learn to come to me when I called her (with a treat reward for returning to me, which she did with gusto. The instructors left me with her to get another student and I could play with her, throwing dog toys, etc. and then walk back to the dormitory without the instructors. All that worked out perfectly; HOWEVER, while walking around in the dog area looking for the toy Melanie decided not to bring back to me, I stepped in dog poIo which I didn't realize until I was back in my room. Well, you can just imagine how much fun it was trying to get all that gunk out of those thick ridged soles. I don't even think it belonghed to Melanie since many other dogs use it throughout the day. That's one of the hazards of a dog, but I'd rather have my shoes drying out on the patio then never to have ben with Melanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment