Monday, October 25, 2010

SF by Day, San Rafael by Night

After breakfast we were bused to Union Square in SF and walked a route through Union Square into Macys and another Starbucks. Melanie negotiated the sidewalks wonderfully but did get distracted by the pigeons and a dog. She was being a little pouty because she had to wear the little red booties as we were going on the escalator in Macy's. She did a great job on the up and down esscalators.

After an early dinner we were bused to San Rafael to do a night walk from the bus to the downtown lounge. I was still a little concerned about how Melanie and I would do because at night I am virtually blind except for seeing headlights of cars. Melanie made only one little mistake which was easily corrected and we made it quickly and safely to our destination. My confidence in her and myself has grown immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment