Friday, October 15, 2010

Walking with my Guide Dog Pony

It's hard to believe I've beeann here 5 days already. I had 2 walks in downtown San Rafael today, this morning and afternoon. My little Melanie is a dynamo on our walks. I wanted a peppy dog because I'm a fast walker and once we get going, we're flying down the sidewalks. As soon as there's any obstruction or problem she slows down and carefully guides me around it and then we pick up our pace again. It's absolutely terrific. She stops at every street curb and waits for the proper command to go. Right now we're back in our room and she's on her mat on tie-down next to the head of my bed and she's chewing on a brand-new nyla bone and having a ball. I really believe we'll be best friends for a long time.

Talk to you later.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the Guide Dog Anticipation is over and the super team of Sonja & Melanie is born.

    ReplyDelete