Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rainy Restful Sunday

Unfortunately, the rain kept my plans for a lovely walk with Melanie and a picnic by the waterfall and goldfish pond on hold until next Sunday. That was okay, since I had to catch up on laundry. A couple of other students with their dogs joined me and Melanie for a box lunch in the Day Room. As usual, there was another surpise from Melanie. While the 3 of us were chatting and eating for about a half hour, Melanie was lying on the floor by my side being apparently a very obedient dog. One of the other students was checking her dog because she thought he was chewing on something. Lo and behold, it was "darling" Melanie who very quitely chewed through her leather leash and just stood up. I couldn't believe she did that without my feeling her, but she did. Well, she's still just a puppy after all; in fact, her birthday is 1/12/09, so she'll be 2 years old this January. I understand their still considered puppies untill about 2 1/2 years of age. We went to the weekend instructor's office and got a new leash. She suggested I keep her on a shorter leash so I can keep track of what she's doing under the table. She got a brand-new tug ring and played with it yesterday; however, while playing with it on her own, she pretty much chewed through that, which, again is pretty hard to do. When I get home I'm pretty sure I'll need to hide all the shoes in a safe place. She's cute but what a mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment