Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Beautiful Day for a Walk

It was a gorgeous day in SF and Melanie and I got to take a long-needed walk on the Chrissay (sp?) Field walking, bike path which runs along the ocean. There were plenty of dog distractions and people walking and jogging. Melanie did very well and seemed energized with this kind of walk. I wanted to do this especially as I'll be walking a lot on our own rec trail so I'm real happy with how she responded.

In the afternoon we went to a strip mall in San Rafael where we got some parking lot work and walked through a Safeway as if I were going to be shopping. She did a lot of sniffing at all the delectable items so I had to put the gentle leash on her, the one that goes over the nose. She did much better after that, even when we went through the meat section. I did stop and look at the flower arrangements and as we were getting ready to leave the store, Melanie decided to snatch a flower and started eating it. I got it away from her, but what girl; naturally she'd want flowers instead of meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment