Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Reality of Relieving a Dog

Yesterday was a gorgeous day, especially after the rain the day before. The air was clean and clear, the sun was out, and Melanie and I walked up streets I hadn't walked in years. It was lovely as we walked down Forest Avenue heading towards home; however, right in the middle of the sidewalk, Melani just had to relieve (#2). Of course, I had a bag with me and picked it up, but there were no trash cans for 4 or 5 blocks. It was quite interesting to feel lik a very composed and thoughtful person who cleaned up after their dog and one who would just love to throw that stupid bag in the curb. However, I carried on, swinging my bag of pooh, until, finally, I came upon a trash can and got rid of it. It's one thing to pick i up and get rid of it and another to carry it around with you. I can't be the only one who's dealt with this situation anI would love to hear from anyone who has an idea to deal with it responsibly. I did pack an extra cloth bag today to use as a decoy, but there may be something better, I hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment