Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Monday & Tuesday with Melanie

Monday, we took two nice walks since Melanie had so much energy. First, we visited the Blind & Visually Impaired Center to meet some fellow board members and staff. Of course, they just fell in love with her sweet disposition and petite body. Even though they knew better, it was hard to keep their hands from rubbing and patting her. After we left, we took our first walk on the recreation trail heading toward home which runs along the ocean. Melanie loved it, her ears perked up and her nose sniffing. Later that afternoon, we took another smaller walk through PG on a different route so she could get a good feel of the town and the way home.

Today, Tuesday, we took a nice long walk on the recreation trail, stopping at a Starbuck's on the way. She did so well, even when I was getting a little confused exiting the coffee shop, instructing her to go forward even when there was a chair right in our way. She managed to get by it and looked at me like I was crazy. There were many dog distractions along the way and a couple of times I did some obedience training on the sidewalk to focus her attention, then we went back to "work". Although to me, walking with Melanie isn't work, it's just fun! When we got home, I made an appointment with our local vet to set up her profile and give him the paperwork GDB copied for that purpose. It seems I also need to get her licensed in PG as well, so I'll do that this week.

P.S. I'm thinking of a new name for our blog, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment