Saturday, July 17, 2010

Meeting a Lab on the Rec Trail

Today, while walking on the Rec Trail, we met a woman and her husband who has a pet Labrador Retriever and a Golden Retriever. We stopped and chatted and when we mentioned I would be getting a Guide Dog from GDB in San Rafael she just lit up. She said she had been an ophthamologist and knew of my RP eye condition. She said they were a great organization and that it was her understanding most of the dogs they use are coss-breeds of labs and golden retrievers. Her lab appeared to be an older dog and, true to the breed, very calm. The golden retriever was already far ahead of us, so I didn't make its acquaintance. She wished me luck and was glad I was so happy about the prospect of getting a Guide God. Me Too!

No comments:

Post a Comment