Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mango (the Guide Dog)

Although Guide Dogs come with their own name (after all they're usually 1 1/2 to 2 years old before they become part of a team), my husband has decided to call the dog Mango just to make it more personal, plus he likes to eat mangos. So now, that the new wood floor is in and looks beautiful, he says Mango will have a great time sliding down the hallway. I try to dissuade him from thinking the dog will run around the house free and easy, even though the opposite is true. The dog will be on a tie-down and probably in a "crate" at night so that he'll learn the ways of the household. But, it's okay for now to call the dog Mango, it just means my husband is really getting into the spirit, which is great. October seems a long way away right now, although I have a lot of things left to do (like listen to all GDB's CD's again, make sure I have enough clothes and other things to last 3 weeks. So, little by little I'm gathring them up. I've ordered a fanny pack so I'll be able to carry dog treats and other stuff during the training. ANTICIPATION is definitely the word of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment