Monday, August 2, 2010

Getting in Shape for Guide Dog Training

August 1, 2010 became "Get in Shape for Guide Dog Training". There is a little over 2 months before I go to Guide Dog school and I need to be ready. I've been walking most everyday, but now I need to walk at least a mile a day. I started my workouts using free weights and aerobics to compliment the walks. It's been too long since I did regular workouts and after starting yesterday, my muscles are sore and I'm tired. I'll do the weights every other day (I mean, I don't want to get stronger than the dog)! The training at the school is rigorous for 3 weeks, with only 1 day off, and that day I still need to take care of the dog. I mean when I get home I don't want to be too tired to walk with my dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment